Adult tooth is an issue that can negatively impact a patient’s health, appearance, self-esteem, quality of life and more. As such, many folks living without a complete set of teeth are curious about restorative dentistry and dental implants in particular. Keep reading to see a few of the commonly asked questions we get at our Middlesex, NJ dentist’s office, then call us at 732-506-2876 to begin your own transformative journey ASAP. With the new year approaching, there couldn’t be a better time to take back your life!
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small rods, typically made of titanium, that resemble a screw. They are surgically inserted into your jaw and attached to replacement teeth to create a resilient new smile.
After implants have been inserted, they immediately begin to merge with the bone in your jaw and act as the roots of your teeth, which help to guarantee that you don’t succomb to bone and gum tissue loss.
Is The Implant Surgery Painful?
Nope. Even if you are sensitive, we will do everything possible to make it a pain-free and pleasant experience for you. It really is an easy process with us because our team will help you determine which form of sedation dentistry will work best for you, given your anxiety level, the particular procedure, your medical history, and other factors.
What Kind Of Implants Are Available?
We can provide several great options including:
- Single Tooth Replacement – We attach a dental crown to a single implant to replace one tooth.
- Implant-Supported Bridge – We can attach a bridge to implants to avoid drilling into healthy teeth to support your bridge.
- Mini Dental Implants – We may be able to use mini implants, which are less invasive than full-size implants, for some procedures.
- Dental Implant Dentures – You have several options for dentures with implants. You can remove some dentures yourself for cleaning, while others are typically removed only by a dentist.
- All-on-4® – Using this procedure, we can attach a complete arch of fixed teeth to just four implants. We were one of the first dental offices in the area to perform All-on-4.
- Ceramic Implants – Implants made from zirconia are a great alternative to titanium implants because they are bio-compatible with your mouth, resistant to plaque, and look natural in your smile! Ask us if this is a good option for your implant placement.
Are Dental Implants Comfortable?
Indeed! Our implants are designed to feel like your natural teeth. The artificial tooth, or crown, is custom-made to fit your mouth. It will be the right size, shape, and color to blend in with the rest of your teeth. No one will know it isn’t the real thing.
Do Dental Implants Last Forever?
Our dental implants are designed to last for decades, maybe even a lifetime, but they will require some maintenance, just like your real teeth. According to studies, dental implants can actually add years to your life, on account of the related health benefits.
Will Implants Be The Best Solution For Me?
We hope so. The best candidates for dental implant surgery are folks who are in good health overall. Your jaw bone must also be thick and tall enough to support the implant. That said, many patients who have been ruled out elsewhere have turned out to be great candidates for the mini dental implants we are uniquely qualified to work with. So, we will explore your options in great detail when you are here for your preliminary examination. You’ve got nothing left to lose!