Do you have a hard time encouraging your child to brush their teeth? While it isn’t exactly the most exciting daily practice, by the time your child is 5 or 6, they should be brushing on their own. So, we’re highlighting a few ways you can make brushing your teeth fun for kids!
To start, we’re sharing a video by the American Dental Association (ADA) that highlights important brushing techniques. In addition, there are a few techniques to make it fun for your child:
- Learn a toothbrushing song
- Read a children’s book with them about taking care of your teeth
- Have them practice brushing the teeth of a stuffed toy (without toothpaste of course!)
- Choose a fun flavored kids toothpaste with the ADA seal of acceptance
- Let them choose their own toothbrush color
Hopefully, these tips make brushing your teeth fun! If your child is 3 and above, make sure they have their next regular checkup scheduled! We make sure they have a good time when they come to see us. So, call Advanced Dentistry in Middlesex, NJ at 732-506-2876 for an appointment or schedule online.