Dental emergencies in Middlesex are inconvenient at best and disastrous at worst. In some cases, you’re at risk of losing teeth or suffering other life-altering effects. To save your smile and get you out of pain, we provide quick appointments for emergencies, generally on the same day.Doctor Ralph Reilly on dental emergencies Read Transcript
Well, unfortunately, as Murphy's Law, that something's going to happen at the worst time at the worst place. And it's just a part of life that somebody will fall and chip a tooth. We've had people, right before a wedding or a big party or a graduation, have sort of a cosmetic emergency. And then on the other hand is the more traditional pain, swelling, toothache-type emergency.
We have ... our phones are answered after hours on weekends and evenings. So much today, you see, you call a doctor's office or just go to the emergency room or call 911, you know? We're here for our patients. We also even see people we've never seen before, people that are not patients of record but have an emergency. And we always do our best and I would say practically almost always are able to get them in same day. Sometimes it involves working through our lunch or staying late at the end of the day, but it's something that we feel strongly, part of our calling of being there for people.
Again, like I said, we're here from seven in the morning until seven at night, Saturdays. And we do have continuous phone coverage as well.
In addition to same-day care, you’ll find:
- Several kinds of sedation so you have a choice
- The ability to contact Dr. Ralph Reilly outside regular business hours
- Pain-free injections when you receive local anesthesia
- Technology such as digital tooth impressions to keep your care as comfortable as possible
- Many restorative dentistry procedures to repair damaged teeth
- Comforts like neck pillows and blankets to help you relax
Program our number into your smartphone so it’s easier to find in an emergency. Call us at 732-506-2876 if you need assistance in a hurry. We even make after-hours numbers available to our patients so they can reach Dr. Reilly in an emergency. We believe follow-up is an important part of urgent dental care too.
Emergency Dental Care Often Involves Restorative Dentistry
Whether you break a tooth during a meal or wake up with a toothache, we have a restorative dentistry procedure that can help. Here is how we may handle your treatment if you have:
- An Infected Tooth – In addition to being painful, infection can also result in the loss of your tooth. We’ll keep your tooth intact and relieve your discomfort with a root canal procedure.
- A Broken or Cracked Tooth – We usually repair a cracked or broken tooth with a dental crown. If you’re in pain, you’ll be glad we use a digital scanner instead of molding material to make an impression of your tooth.
- A Cavity – Depending on the size of your cavity, we’ll repair it with a tooth filling, an inlay, an onlay, or a crown.
- A Knocked-Out Tooth – If you can get to us right away, we may be able to reimplant your tooth in its socket. If possible, gently place your tooth in the socket and keep it there. If not, put it in a container of saliva or milk. Do not touch the roots.
With our help, dental emergencies in Middlesex won’t be disastrous. Call Advanced Dentistry at 732-506-2876.