- Strengthen your jaw for dental implants
- PRP therapy promotes faster post-surgery healing
- Choose from multiple forms of dental sedation
One of the criteria for dental implants is a jaw strong enough to support them. That may be a problem if you’ve been missing teeth for a while, since your bone erodes without regular stimulation from tooth roots. Fortunately, a lack of bone density is an easy problem to solve. Our dentists can encourage bone growth with bone grafts in Middlesex.Doctor Beth Dorfman on bone grafts Read Transcript
In the confines of doing surgery and rehabilitating a patient's mouth, bone graft is often a necessary part of the process. Bone grafts is when you use a material to add back what may be missing. There's many different ways that a bone graft can be procured. It can be from your own self, your own person, it can be from a human source, from a human bone bank, from animals, or synthetic, made in a lab. There's four different options. With all bone grafts, what they do is they serve as a matrix for your own bone to take over. So eventually they're absorbed away. By about 18 months is when histological or detailed science studies show that the particles are no longer there. So months later you wouldn't really even be able to see the particle. So those things serve to hold the place for your own bone to take over.
Your bone graft procedure will go well with:
- Our team that is highly trained in oral surgery procedures
- Pain-free local anesthesia, thanks to numbing gel and special injection techniques
- Patient-friendly technology for assessing you and planning procedures
- A choice of sedation, if you need it
Our use of platelet-rich plasma, which promotes speedier healing
As part of our dental implants consultation, we’ll examine you and discuss your needs and options, which may include a bone graft. The cost of this consultation is just $79. Call 732-506-2876 today to schedule one.
We Offer Other Procedures to Boost Bone Strength Too
Depending on which kind of implants you’ll receive and where they’ll be placed, one of these other procedures may be what you need:
- Sinus Lifts – We’ll recommend this treatment if you’re getting implants in your upper jaw and need more room to ensure proper placement.
- Ridge Augmentation – This procedure is used if your entire jaw has been damaged by bone loss and/or injury. It restores your jaw’s natural shape and strength.
Speed Healing With PRP Treatment
You’ll need to wait for your bone graft to heal before you can receive your implants. We use platelet-rich plasma, or PRP, to speed the healing process. Using a small sample of your own blood, we create a substance with a high concentration of platelets. It improves your body’s capacity to heal. PRP has been popular in orthopedic medicine for years. As an early adopter of cutting-edge dental treatment techniques, we’re using it in our office.
For more information on bone grafts in Middlesex, call 732-506-2876.