One of the criteria for dental implants is a jaw strong enough to support them. That may be a problem if you’ve been missing teeth for a while, since your bone erodes without regular stimulation from tooth roots. Fortunately, a lack of bone density is an easy problem to solve. Our dentists can encourage bone growth with bone grafts in Middlesex.
Your bone graft procedure will go well with:
- Our team that is highly trained in oral surgery procedures
- Pain-free local anesthesia, thanks to numbing gel and special injection techniques
- Patient-friendly technology for assessing you and planning procedures
- A choice of sedation, if you need it
- Our use of platelet-rich plasma, which promotes speedier healing
As part of our dental implants consultation, we’ll examine you and discuss your needs and options, which may include a bone graft. Call 732-506-2876 today to schedule one.
Speed Bone Graft Healing With PRP Treatment
You’ll need to wait for your bone graft to heal before you can receive your implants. We use platelet-rich plasma, or PRP, to speed the healing process. Using a small sample of your own blood, we create a substance with a high concentration of platelets. It improves your body’s capacity to heal. PRP has been popular in orthopedic medicine for years. As an early adopter of cutting-edge dental treatment techniques, we’re using it in our office.
Depending on which kind of implants you’ll receive and where they’ll be placed, we may recommend one of these other procedures involving bone grafting:
- Sinus Lifts – We’ll recommend this treatment if you’re getting implants in your upper jaw and need more room to ensure proper placement.
- Ridge Augmentation – This procedure is used if your entire jaw has been damaged by bone loss and/or injury. It restores your jaw’s natural shape and strength.
For more information on bone grafts in Middlesex, call 732-506-2876 or schedule an appointment online.