Much of our focus at Advanced Dentistry is on saving diseased or damaged teeth. Sometimes, though, tooth removal in Middlesex is necessary to preserve your overall oral health. While you may not be glad to lose a tooth, with our comfort care dentistry, you won’t feel anxious or upset about it either.
For your tooth extraction, our dentists will use:
- Technology like 3-D imaging that helps us identify any potential complications before your procedure
- Effective local anesthesia to numb your mouth
- Dental sedation, if you need it
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) to speed healing after your extraction
If you think you may need to have a tooth removed, call us today at 732-506-2876. We offer emergency appointments and can schedule early mornings or late evenings.
Our Dentists Can Perform Most Extractions
Our highly trained dental team can perform most tooth extractions, even wisdom teeth, with the exception of bone-impacted wisdom teeth. In these cases, using our 3-D imaging, we’ll be able to see the impaction and refer you to an oral surgeon.
Some common reasons for removing teeth include:
- Extensive decay or damage
- Preparing your mouth for orthodontic treatment
- Making room for dentures or other dental restorations
The quicker your extraction site heals, the quicker you can resume full oral function. Ask our dentists about using PRP (platelet-rich plasma) to help you heal more quickly. We can use a concentrated sample of your own blood to increase your body’s healing power.
Replace Your Tooth for Better Oral Health
It’s always a good idea to replace a missing tooth. If you don’t, you risk damaging adjacent teeth. Plus, the bone under your extraction site will deteriorate over time. Your options include:
- Dental Implants – Depending on the restorations used with them, implants can replace anywhere from one tooth to all your teeth. In some cases, you may be able to get your extractions, implants, and replacement teeth all in one appointment.
- Dental Bridge – You can replace one tooth or several adjacent teeth with a bridge. It can be anchored to your own teeth or to dental implants.
For tooth removal in Middlesex, call 732-506-2876 today. You can also schedule an appointment online.